- All-new 2011 Jeep® Grand Cherokee delivers the ultimate combination of real-world capability and on-road refinement with the most capable and refined 4×4 Grand Cherokee ever
- Choice of three 4×4 systems, a new Jeep Selec-Terrain™ system with five terrain settings and a new Jeep Quadra-Lift™ air suspension system
- Improved fuel efficiency with all-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 delivering 16 mpg city / 23 mpg highway
- More than 45 safety and security features including electronic stability control (standard), side-curtain and seat-mounted side air bags (standard), active head restraints (standard), Blind-spot Monitoring (BSM)/Rear Cross Path (RCP) detection system, adaptive cruise control (ACC) and Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- New all-weather package for harsh environmental conditions
- A variety of advanced technology/connectivity/infotainment features including Bluetooth® handsfree calling and streaming audio, Uconnect® Web and SIRIUS Backseat TV™
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit – the most luxurious, distinctive and comprehensively equipped production Jeep vehicle ever
Auburn Hills, Mich., Jun 23, 2011 –
The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X and Laredo E are available with a new all-weather package. The all-weather package includes Jeep’s new Select-Terrain™ system for adjusting the traction control system to match road conditions, a two-speed transfer case with low-range, an engine block heater for extreme cold weather, daytime running lamps, remote start, tow hooks and Mopar slush mats and cargo liner.
“With the all-new 2011 Grand Cherokee, Jeep has created the benchmark, premium SUV,” said Mike Manley, President and Chief Executive Officer — Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “Unique innovations such as our new Quadra-Lift air suspension system and Selec-Terrain traction control systems separate Jeep from the crowd and take the new Grand Cherokee to the next level of 4×4 capability. The new generation of the iconic Jeep Grand Cherokee delivers the perfect blend of on-road refinement, superb craftsmanship, world-class design, improved fuel economy, innovative features and legendary, real-world capability.”
The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee offers the new Quadra-Lift air suspension system. The Quadra-Lift air suspension system features five height settings for optimum ride performance:
- Normal Ride Height (NRH): 8.1 inches of clearance offers improved fuel economy and improved aerodynamics during on-road driving
- Off-road 1: Lifts the vehicle an additional 1.3 inches for added height in clearing obstacles (9.4 inches)
- Off-road 2: Delivers legendary Jeep off-road capability and provides an additional 2.6 inches of height for 10.7 inches of ground clearance
- Park Mode: Lowers the vehicle 1.5 inches from NRH for easy ingress/egress and roof rack loading. NRH and Park mode are driver-selectable, giving the driver control over vehicle ride height
- Aero Mode: Lowers the vehicle .6 inches from NRH. Aero mode is controlled by vehicle speed and adjusts for optimal performance and fuel economy
Quadra-Lift adds up to 4.1 inches of lift span that is supported by four-corner air springs that provide a cushioned, premium ride. Quadra-Lift operates automatically, or may be controlled manually via console controls.
In addition to the Quadra-Lift air suspension system, the all-new Selec-Terrain traction control system lets customers choose the off-road setting for the optimum experience on all terrains. This feature electronically coordinates up to 12 different powertrain, braking and suspension systems, including throttle control, transmission shift, transfer case, traction control and electronic stability control (ESC).
The Selec-Terrain’s control dial allows the driver to choose from five driving conditions in order
to achieve the best driving experience on all terrains:
- Sand/Mud: Traction control and Quadra-Lift operate with sensitive response to wheel spin, and torque is tuned for optimal performance
- Sport: Provides enhanced on-road “fun-to-drive” capability
- Auto: Automatically adapts to any on- or off-road situation
- Snow: Vehicle traction adjusts for ultimate performance over snow-covered roads
- Rock: Quadra-Lift air suspension system raises to maximum height (10.7 inches) and the transfer case, differentials, and throttle coordinate to provide low-speed control
Selec-Terrain, coupled with the all-new Quadra-Lift air suspension system, offers drivers an adjustable suspension span that delivers world-class capability.
With the front air dam removed, and the available Quadra-Lift air suspension system, the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee features a 34.3-degree approach angle, (compared to 32.3 on previous model), a 29.3-degree departure angle (compared to 27.5 on previous model) and 23.1-degree breakover angle (compared to 20.4 on previous model).
The all-new front and rear independent suspension features isolated front and rear suspension cradles. Variable-rate rear springs deliver improved on-road handling and comfort that complements the vehicle’s off-road capability. The new rear suspension allows the spare tire to be stored inside the vehicle as opposed to underneath.
Go Anywhere 4×4 Systems
The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers three 4×4 systems (Quadra-Trac I®, Quadra-Trac II® and Quadra-Drive II®).
Quadra-Trac I delivers full-time four-wheel drive without any switches or levers to pull. The system provides smooth operation over a variety of road conditions. This lightweight single-speed case is both proven and highly efficient for enhanced fuel economy.
Quadra-Trac II’s two-speed transfer case uses input from a variety of sensors in order to determine tire slip at the earliest possible moment and take corrective action. The system uses Throttle Anticipate to sense quick movement in the throttle from a stop and maximizes traction before slippage occurs. When tire slippage is detected, as much as 100 percent of available torque is instantly routed to the axle with the most traction.
Quadra-Drive II, with a rear Electronic Limited Slip Differential (ELSD), delivers industry-leading tractive capability. The system instantly detects tire slip and smoothly distributes engine torque to tires with traction. In some cases, the vehicle will anticipate low traction and adjust in order to proactively limit or eliminate slip.
Selec-Terrain is standard with Quadra-Trac II and Quadra-Drive II.
Every surface of the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee is new and treated for aerodynamics. This improves fuel efficiency and puts more fluidity into the design while delivering an 8.5 percent improvement in drag compared with the previous model. The all-new 2011 Grand Cherokee Coefficient of drag (Cd) is approximately 0.37 compared with the previous model’s Cd of 0.404.
“Our all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee is much more refined, focused and sportier than the model it replaces,” said Ralph Gilles, Senior Vice President — Product Design, Chrysler Group LLC. “It has classic Jeep Grand Cherokee styling with sculpted athletic exterior refinements for 2011.”
The front includes Jeep’s classic seven-slot grille, round headlamps and trapezoidal wheel arches. The removable lower front fascia delivers improved fuel economy, on-road performance and off-road capability. The lower front fascia features a large chromed appliqué (Limited and Overland models) that showcases available tow hooks. From the side, Jeep Grand Cherokee features an athletic, muscular profile. Black appliqués on B-pillars give the bright daylight opening (DLO) an aerodynamic, modern appearance and a sleek profile. Available chromed mirrors and door handles add to the profile and complement the full-chromed DLO surround on all models.
Standard 17- and 18-inch wheels deliver off-road capability, along with all new to Jeep, optional 20-inch wheels for 2011 (standard on Overland and optional on Limited).
Taillamps wrap from the rear quarter panel to the back of the vehicle and create a solid form, which achieves a more upscale appearance. The treatment complements the front-end design and resonates with the rest of the exterior.
Jeep Grand Cherokee models equipped with the 5.7-liter multi-displacement system (MDS) V-8 engine have 3.5-inch dual chromed exhaust tips, and those with the V-6 engine have a 3-inch single exhaust.
The all-new interior features rich materials and elegant appointments, as well as more room for both passengers and cargo.
“Following in the footsteps of the benchmark 2009 Dodge Ram, the all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee is another proud graduate of our Advanced Interior Design Studio,” said Gilles. “We achieved a world-class interior by using fine materials and maintaining a more focused attention to detail.”
An available all-new CommandView® dual-pane sunroof provides twice as much glass surface than a standard sunroof and extends from the windshield to the rear of the vehicle. The front panel may be opened rearward, providing additional light and fresh air to first-row passengers. The rear panel, which is fixed, allows light and open viewing for second-row passengers and comes standard with a power sunshade.
The vehicle’s 114.8-inch wheelbase is 5.3 inches longer than the model it replaces and contributes to an overall vehicle length that is 1.8 inches longer than the prior model. The longer wheelbase creates more interior room and gives passengers an additional 4 inches of rear-seat knee and legroom. The vehicle also is 3 inches wider for improved handling and packaging.
Larger front door openings (1.9 inches wider; 2 inches higher) and rear doors that open 78 degrees (compared to previous model’s 67 degrees) provide better access to the interior.
Inside, premium seating includes room for five passengers. An available fold-flat front-passenger seat provides improved cargo storage room (Laredo E models).
For maximum cargo and passenger comfort, rear seat backs move a total of 12 degrees front to back.
Cargo volume behind the second row provides an additional 5.6 cubic feet of room (35.1 cubic feet total) compared to the previous model. The well-appointed rear cargo area includes a storage unit with a removable/rechargeable flashlight and new and improved grocery hooks on both sides. The spare tire compartment includes removable dual storage bins for secure storage of muddy gear or other items.
An all-new power rear liftgate is available for effortless remote up/down convenience.
Continuing to build on the Jeep brand’s legendary off-road capability, the all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee adds premium on-road performance to complete the package.
The all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s premium SUV on-road manners and legendary Jeep ruggedness is achieved with more than 5,400 welds in the body alone. Torsional stiffness is 146 percent stiffer than the previous Grand Cherokee and stiffer than the BMW X5 and Toyota Highlander for improved durability and reduced noise, vibration and harshness (NVH).
More than 3,700 mm of arc welding and 100 m of structural adhesive augment the welding. This marks a 53-percent increase in spot welds, a 42-percent increase in arc welds and a 38-percent increase in structural adhesive.
The all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee is available with two leading engine options for North American markets.
All-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 Engine
The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee features the first application of the all-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine. This all-new flexible-fuel 3.6-liter V-6 engine is standard on the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and features an all-new design with dual overhead camshafts (DOHC) and a high-pressure die-cast aluminum cylinder block in a 60-degree configuration. It features variable-valve timing (VVT) and delivers 290 horsepower (216 kW) and 260 lb.-ft. (353 N•m) of torque at 4,800 rpm. The all-new V-6 engine improves fuel economy up to 11 percent compared to the previous Grand Cherokee equipped with a V-6. It is coupled with the proven W5A580, a five-speed automatic transmission that delivers smooth shifts and optimum fuel economy. The five-speed W5A580 transmission includes adaptive electronic control or Electronic Range Select (ERS) driver-interactive manual control and an electronically modulated torque converter clutch.
The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee offers trailer-tow capability of up to 5,000 pounds on models equipped with the Pentastar V-6 engine.
The all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s V-6 engine offers improved fuel economy and delivers a range of approximately 500 miles on one tank of gas.
Legendary 5.7-liter V-8 Engine
The available legendary 5.7-liter MDS V-8 engine delivers 360 horsepower (268 kW) and 390 lb.-ft. (520 N•m) of torque at 4,250 rpm. The 5.7-liter V-8 also features VVT, which delivers performance and towing capability, and fuel efficiency with fuel-saving MDS. The MDS seamlessly alternates between smooth high-fuel-economy four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power from the 5.7-liter MDS engine is requested. This optimizes fuel economy when V-8 power is not needed, without sacrificing vehicle performance. The 5.7-liter MDS V-8 engine is mated to the 545RFE multi-speed automatic transmission.
The all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers trailer-tow capability of up to 7,400 pounds on 4×2 models when equipped with the 5.7-liter V-8 engine.
For international markets, the all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee will be available in left- and right-hand drive with either diesel or gas powertrains.
Safety and Security Features
The all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee includes more than 45 safety and security features and is a 2011 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick.
Standard safety features include electronic stability control (ESC), electronic roll mitigation (ERM), four-wheel anti-lock brake system (ABS) with rough-road detection, four-wheel brake traction control system, Keyless Enter-N-Go, remote keyless entry, express up/down windows for driver and front-seat passenger, seat-belt pretensioners, Trailer-sway Control and remote start, which is standard on Limited and Overland and available on Laredo models.
Other standard safety features include full-length side-curtain air bags, which extend protection to front and rear outboard passengers, seat-mounted side thorax air bags that enhance protection for the driver and front passenger, and active head restraints, which deploy in the event of a rear collision.
The body structure is all new and designed to achieve expected safety performance in global markets (new roof-crush standards, side-impact standards and European pedestrian impact standards).
Connectivity and Infotainment Features
The all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers customers an array of infotainment technologies for driver safety and passenger enjoyment. The features enable drivers to safely communicate, navigate and select entertainment options using advance voice recognition controls. Passengers can stay entertained with a multitude of features, including SIRIUS Satellite Radio™, SIRIUS Backseat TV™, Uconnect® Navigation, Uconnect Phone and Uconnect Web.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit
Available in a new, exclusive Rugged Brown paint scheme, sporting a unique front appearance that includes a fully chromed grille and fog lamp bezels, and riding on 20-inch bright, polished aluminum wheels, the Overland Summit model elevates the all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee to new levels of indulgence and refinement for drivers seeking the ultimate personal driving statement in a premium sport-utility vehicle.
Inside, the new Jeep Grand Cherokee features unique Black Olive burl real wood trim blended into the instrument panel. The distinctive polished trim wraps into the upper panels of both the front and rear doors surrounding passengers with the highest levels of craftsmanship. The wood trim is also used on the standard, leather-wrapped, heated steering wheel.
The Grand Cherokee Overland Summit boasts a Black lower and New Saddle upper interior trim color, along with saddle-color Nappa heated and ventilated leather seats – with perforated inserts, accent piping and unique stitching – and Berber floor mats with Black and Chestnut accent binding.
Standard on the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit is the Advanced Warning System and Adaptive Cruise Control group, which consists of Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning, Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross-path detection systems.
In addition to the unique Rugged Brown exterior color, the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit is also available in Mineral Gray, White Gold and Black.
2010 MODEL YEAR
- Available in two models – Laredo and Limited
- Overland model dropped for 2010
2009 Model Year
- Instrument panel upgrades to include Tire-Pressure Monitoring (TPM) System and Fuel-Saver notification
- New 9-inch rear DVD screen replaces 8-inch screen
- IPod interface available with Uconnect Navigation
- New 5.7-liter V-8 engine
- Leather Appearance Group optional on Limited and Overland models. Package includes: leather wrap on upper front- and rear-door bolsters, front-door armrests, the center console armrest/lid, instrument panel cluster brow, as well as on the two-piece shift knob
2008 Model Year
- High-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps
- Integrated headlamps with park/turn lens
Refreshed front fascia and grille
- 17-inch aluminum wheels—standard on Laredo
- 17-inch machined-face aluminum wheels—standard on Limited, optional on Overland
- 18-inch chrome-clad wheels—standard on Overland, optional on Limited
- Center console, cup holders and armrests
Four-gauge instrument cluster with LED illumination features black gauges surrounded with white pointers, silver accent field on Limited and Overland models
- Fuel-Saver display on vehicles equipped with 5.7-liter V-8 engine and Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)
- Heated first- and second-row seats—standard on Limited and Overland
- MyGIG® Multimedia Infotainment System—optional on Laredo and Limited, standard on Overland (now called Uconnect Multimedia)
- Remote Start with 3.0-liter CRD engine—standard on Limited and Overland
- SIRIUS Backseat TVTM—optional on Limited and Overland
- Soft-touch on upper instrument panel
- Tilt and telescoping steering column with integrated Electronic Vehicle Information Center controls on steering wheel
- IPod interface—optional on Laredo, standard on Limited
- Eight-inch DVD screen with rear video entertainment system—optional on Laredo, Limited and Overland
- 115-volt power outlet—optional on Laredo, standard on Limited and Overland
Integrated second-row head restraints
- 4.7-liter SOHC V-8 Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) (not available in Maine, NY, VT, MA, CA)—standard on Limited
- Hill-Descent Control System—optional on Laredo, standard on Limited and Overland
- Hill-Start Assist (HSA)—optional on Laredo, standard on Limited and OverlandParkViewTM Rear Back-up
- Camera—available without navigation system–optional Laredo, standard on Limited and Overland
- Trailer-Sway Control system—optional on Laredo and Limited, standard on Overland
- Sun & Sound Group: Power sunroof, AM/FM/six-disc CD system
- Premium Audio Group: Boston Acoustics premium audio, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Rear 12-volt Power Outlet
- Trailer-Tow Group: Class II receiver, four-pin wiring harness
- Trailer-Tow Group: Class IV receiver, seven- and four-pin wiring harnessheavy-duty engine cooling (4.7L only), trailer-sway damping, includes full-size spare
- Popular Equipment Group: Heated seats, Remote Start, adjustable pedals, roof side rails, adjustable roof rail crossbars, cargo compartment cover, 115-volt power outlet, fog lamps
- Quadra-Drive II 4×4 Group: (only available with 4.7L & 5.7L) Quadra-Drive II, skid plates, tow hooks
- Rear Back-up Camera Group: 1 CD/DVD Audio, 6.5-in. screen, touch screen, USB port, music management database, hard drive, back-up camera, ParkSense
- Rear Back-up Camera/Rear DVD Group: DVD, Rear Back-up Camera Group
- Rear DVD Entertainment System Group: DVD rear entertainment system
- 18-inch Chrome-Clad Wheel Group: Chrome-Clad over aluminum, OWL over BSW
- Navigation/Rear Back-up Camera Group: MyGIG®, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, six-CD, rear back-up camera, ParkSense®, Rear Back-up Camera Group
2007 MODEL YEAR
- Five new colors: Red Rock Crystal, Light Graystone, Steel Blue Metallic, Jeep Green Metallic, Mineral Gray Metallic
- Narrow molded-in-color black body molding for Laredo (Laredo appearance upgrade)
Body color door handles on all Laredo models
- Revised rear taillamps
- Brushed aluminum stainless steel front sill guards on Overland
- Improved finish on upper instrument panel
- Color-keyed interior color cup holders
- Center console bezel changed from black to match other interior bezels—Laredo
- Chromed accent HVAC knobs—Laredo
- Cut- and -sew padded soft touch center armrest—Limited
- Chromed rings on instrument gauges—Laredo
- 3.0-liter Common Rail Diesel (CRD) engine with Dana 44 axle in 2WD models (not available in ME, NY, VT, CT, CA)
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) standard
- 4.7-liter SOHC V-8 Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) (not available in ME, NY, VT, CT, CA)
- Remote Start
- Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) standard on 3.7-liter engine
- Standard tires: P245/65R17 Goodyear Fortera replaces Wrangler SRA and HP
ParkSense® Rear-Park Assist System on Laredo
- ParkViewTM Rear Back-up Camera—Available Laredo and Limited
- Active turn signals—3-blink lane change
- Standard side-curtain air bags
- Fog lamps optional on Laredo Package
- Laredo Popular Equipment Group with heated seats, Remote Start and adjustable pedals optional on Laredo Package
- Sun & Sound Group with AM/FM/six-disc CD player and power sunroof optional on Laredo Package
- Premium Sound Group with Boston Acoustics and SIRIUS optional on Laredo Package
2006 MODEL YEAR
- New Overland 2WD and 4WD models
- 5.7-liter V-8 with five-speed A/T (with Quadra-Drive II® on 4WD models)
- Heated seats, sunroof, SmartBeam, UConnect Hands-free Communication System, ESP
- Platinum finish appliqués and moldings
- Wire lattice grille gray texture with platinum surround
- Chromed front tow hooks
- Body color front air dam with platinum accent
- Platinum roof rack side rails with black crossbars
- Platinum color accent moldings on exterior mirrors with power foldaway
- Body color door handle grabs, license brow
- Platinum finish on bodyside and beltline moldings
- Body color sill moldings
- Liftgate lightbar—Platinum
- Rear bumper—Platinum accents
- “Overland” badge
- Supplemental side-curtain air bags
- Navigation radio
- Sirius Satellite Radio
- Unique, high-contrast two-tone seats with Ultra suede, accent stitching
- Leather and real wood steering wheel
- Real wood trim bezels—Instrument panel, door, console
- Shifter handle real wood insert
- Leather-wrapped center console armrest
- Unique cluster graphics—Color only
- Unique vinyl-wrapped Instrument panel cluster hood
- Overland logo embroidered on front seatbacks
- Cargo net
- ParkSense™ Rear-Park AssistUnique 17-inch clad wheels—Platinum chrome
- P245/65R17 A/T (Outside White Lettering) OWL tires
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring with display
- Optional engine block heater
- Optional DVD rear-seat entertainment system
- Optional (P3, P4 and P5)
- One-touch up/down windows—New standard feature
- Advanced side-air bag option
- Audio input mini-jack on AM/FM CD radio
- Standard Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Brake Assist
- New Black color
- Quadra-Trac II, active full-time four-wheel drive, added to 3.7-liter V-6 engine
- as option on 4×4 models
- Automatic liftgate flipper glass
- High-performance halogen headlamps and fog lamps
- Power sunroof with express-open and -close
- X Packag
- Heated seats (formerly optional)
- Two-tone leather seats
- Adjustable pedals (formerly optional)
- Off-Road Group offered as option (P6 with tow hooks, OWL tires)
2005 MODEL YEAR
- All-new Laredo and Limited 4×2 and 4×4 models with Uniframe® construction, aluminum hood, air dam, new fascias, grilles and bodyside moldingsLonger wheelbase and wider track for improved stability and ride
- New independent short- and long-arm (SLA) front suspension and new five-link solid axle rear suspension
- New variable ratio, power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering
- Brake Traction Control System (BTCS) (4×4 models without Electronic Limited Slip Differential)
- Optional Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- New Laredo body color grille and Limited chromed grille
- New Laredo black bodyside moldings and Limited chromed belt molding
- Automatic liftgate flipper glass
- New high-performance halogen headlamps and fog lamps. SmartBeam™ auto-dimming high-bea
- headlamps available on Limited
- Power sunroof with express-open and -close
- Controller Area Network (CAN) electrical architecture
- 3.7-liter V-6 engine replaces 4.0-liter I-6 engine
- New 5.7-liter V-8 engine with multi-displacement system and electronic throttle control
- 545RFE multi-speed automatic transmission featuring tow/haul mode and electronic range select; standar with 4-7-liter and 5.7-liter V-8 engines
- W5A580 five-speed automatic transmission with electronic range select standard with 3.7-liter V-6 engine
- Optional Vari-Lok® progressive rear axle for 4×2 models only
- Quadra-Trac I full-time four-wheel drive
- Quadra-Trac II active full-time four-wheel drive
- Quadra-Drive II active full-time four-wheel drive with front and rear Electronic Limited-Slip Differential
- Hybrid (electric and engine-driven fans) cooling for 4.7-liter V-8 engine
- Hydraulic cooling for 5.7-liter V-8 engine
- Optional supplemental side-curtain air bags(b)
- New two-tone interior color schemes
- New Laredo eight-way power-adjusting driver and manual front passenger seat with lumbar
- New driver eight-way and passenger four-way power seats with manual lumbar
DVD rear-seat entertainment system
- Boston Acoustics six-speaker audio system with 285-watt DSP amplifier
- UConnect Hands-free Communication System
- Full-screen, color DVD-based navigation system with integral AM/FM stereo radio with six-disc CD/MP3 player (REQ)
- ParkSense Rear-Park Assist System
2004 MODEL YEAR
- Special Edition, Freedom, Columbia Edition and Rocky Mountain models introduced
- New fascia, grille and fog lamps on all Grand Cherokee models
- All models available in choice of either two-wheel drive or four-wheel drive
- Quadra-Trac I single-speed transfer case introduced on Laredo (only available with 4.0-liter I-6 engine)
- New navigation radio with 4.9-inch full-color display, AM/FM stereo, CD player and DVD-based navigation system
2003 MODEL YEAR
- New high-back cloth seat standard for Laredo
- Interior upper head impact protection—Meets 2003 federal standard
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
2002 MODEL YEAR
- Premium Overland model
- New 4.7-liter High Output V-8 engine—Standard on Overland, optional on Limited
- Vari-Lok® rear differential replaces rear Trac-Lok®(a)—Optional without Quadra-Drive®
- New Tire-Pressure Monitor system—Optional
- New rain-sensing automatic windshield wipers—Optional on Limited; standard on Overland
- Thermal expansion valve added to air conditioning system to enhance cool-down
- New electroluminescent cluster lighting—Standard on Overland and Limited
- New optional power-adjustable accelerator and brake pedals
- New optional inflatable supplemental side-curtain air bags for front and outboard rear seat occupant
- Standard on Overland
- Air bag system upgraded with multiple threshold sensors and dual-stage inflators
- Onboard Refueling Vapor Recovery (ORVR) added
2001 MODEL YEAR
- New 545RFE five-speed automatic transmission with 4.7-liter engine provides a second overdrive ratio for increased highway fuel economy and reduced engine noise at highway speeds
- Industry-first hydraulically driven engine cooling fan on 4.7-liter engine for increased fuel economy and efficiency
- New Euro-style seats with gathered leather on Limited
2000 MODEL YEAR
- Two-wheel drive available with 4.7-liter V-8 engine
- Selec-Trac® transfer case available with 4.7-liter V-8 engine
1999 MODEL YEAR
- Complete redesign
- Quadra-Drive® four-wheel drive system with Quadra-Trac® II transfer case and Vari-Lok axles
- 4.7-liter, SOHC, 16-valve SMPI V-8 engine (235 horsepower, 295 lb.-ft. of torque)
- 4.0-liter, OHV, 12-valve SMPI I-6 engine upgraded (195 horsepower, 230 lb.-ft. of torque); meets LEV exhaust emission requirements in CA, NY, MA and NE Trading Region states
- 45RFE multi-speed automatic transmission
- New steering, suspension and brake systems
- Infrared dual-zone climate control, Limited only
- Inside, underfloor spare tire stowage
- Next-generation driver and passenger air bags(b)
- Sentry Key® engine immobilizer theft-deterrent system
1998 MODEL YEAR
- Limited with 5.9-liter V-8 engine
- Improved-response steering gear
1997 MODEL YEAR
- 4.0-liter engine meets Transitional Low Emission Vehicle (TLEV) standards where required
- Two-wheel drive available with 5.2-liter engine
1996 MODEL YEAR
- 4.0-liter engine provides more usable torque and quieter operation
- On-demand Quadra-Trac transfer case available
- Driver and front-passenger air bags
- Automatic-dimming day/night rearview mirror available
- Heated front seats available
1995 MODEL YEAR
- Higher torque for 5.2-liter engine
1994 MODEL YEAR
- Four-wheel disc brakes on Limited
- Front and rear side-guard door beams for side-impact protection
1993 MODEL YEAR
- 5.2-liter V-8 engine introduced
- Two-wheel drive available with 4.0-liter engine
1992 MODEL YEAR
- Initial introduction spring 1992 as a 1993 model
(a) Trac-Lok® is a registered trademark of Spicer Technology, Inc.
(b) Certified to federal regulations that allow less forceful air bags. Always use seat belts. Remember, a back seat is the safest place for children.